Backlinks are the key to ranking high in search engines. It is important to know the number of backlinks pointing to your site. Backlink monitoring is the essential element of your search engine optimization strategy. After you have done your keyword research & SEO, you need to rank your domain on SERPs and it is nearly impossible to rank without having a good backlink profile, so here come these backlink monitoring tools to the rescue.
It is a way to monitor your competitors. You make use of this information to grow your search engine optimization skills and strategies. Targeting your competitor's backlinks, you can also reach out for potential high authority domains as your backlinks.
With that in mind, we've rounded up ten of the best backlink monitor tools on the market and given you the information you need to make the right choice.
- Brand Overflow
- Google Search Console
- Majestic SEO
- SE Ranking
- Monitor Backlinks
- SEO PowerSuit
- Moz Link Explorer
- LinkMiner by Mangools
Ahrefs backlink monitor makes it easy to monitor your backlinks. You can also monitor the backlinks of your competitors and find new link-building opportunities. The app will also show you a history of all your monitor requests, and how many times each one has been visited. You can also export the data as a .xls file. The Ahrefs backlink monitor will help you analyze your backlinks and will give you a report with up-to-date data on your current backlink profile. In a few clicks, you can track your backlinks and discover which of them are broken. It's a bit technical, and it's not very easy to use on a day-to-day basis. Still, that shouldn't stop you from considering it. It's a great tool, and it's still the best link checker out there.
- Domain and page-level metrics
- Interactive graphical representation of referring domain and pages and backlink profile status.
- Detailed breakdown reports of each backlink.
- Monitor the traffic to referring domain and linking domain.
- Domain-wide metrics to see all websites linking to you in one report.
- A complete breakdown of outbound links.
2. Brand Overflow
Brand Overflow backlink monitor is the best tool that allows you to monitor the domains linking to your website at very lower prices with accurate data, and help you identify linking opportunities and find out who is linking to you, and where you link from. You can also monitor your competitor's websites and their backlink profiles. With most technical metrics, you get an idea of whether the backlinks are important & helpful or not. Brand Overflow's backlink monitoring tool helps you with gap analysis between you and your competitor's backlink profile with do-follow and no-follow relationship of backlinks.
- A complete backlink profile with status whether active or not
- Given each anchor text for the backlink created
- Accurate domain-wide metrics for backlinks like brand mentions, image mentions, outbound links, domain authority, & trust flow
- Backlinks log for the last 30 days
- Email updates
3. Google Search Console
If you have been involved in SEO for a while, you have probably heard of the Google Search Console backlink monitor. The purpose of this tool is to give you valuable insight into your backlinks and report all the backlinks that you have acquired throughout the last month. The tool does a great job of notifying you about new backlinks, and also gives you the opportunity to remove any bad links that you have acquired. Due to the fact that the tool was developed by Google, it is safe to assume that the results that you get are accurate and trustworthy.
- Backlink data analytics
- Shows data with top linked pages, top linking sites, and top anchor texts
- Direct google data which is accurate
- Live URL inspection tool
SEMRush is a powerful online marketing tool that helps you track your competitors' search engine marketing strategies. By using it, you can get a very detailed analysis of your competitors' backlinks, keywords, search engine optimization, and much more. The SEMRush backlink monitor allows you to track the number of backlinks that your competitors have to their site, which is a great way to analyze their backlink strategy & you can now easily track all the new backlinks that your website gets.
- Backlink audit tool with complete backlink profiles.
- Live competitor's backlinks tracking.
- Visualize the Backlink gap between your backlink profile and your competitor's.
- Backlink Analysis and capture prospects.
5. Majestic SEO
Majestic SEO provides qualitative analysis of a website. The tool's interface is easy to use, and it is a great option for those who want to do thorough research on their competitors. If you enter a domain, Majestic SEO will show you links and backlinks for that domain. It will also show you some of the most popular linking root domains, how many backlinks each domain has, and who else is linking to the same domain. Majestic SEO also has an option to check the backlinks of a specific page on a domain.
- Complete Site Tracking.
- Backlink filtration.
- Fetch context from each referring domain.
6. SE Ranking
SE Ranking backlink monitor is a simple tool that tracks your site's backlinks, giving you valuable information on how you can improve your backlink profile. With live backlink monitoring and actionable insight, you will be able to ensure that your site stays at the top of the search engine results by keeping your backlink profile strong. This tool shows you all the new and lost backlinks with their relationships and notifies you whenever any changes occur in your backlinks.
- Highlight incoming links to your domain with Google Webmaster Tools data.
- Create a detailed link analysis report with important backlink metrics.
- Tracking of backlink metrics.
Monitor Backlinks is a popular tool for SEO backlink analysis and link building. Monitor Backlinks tool has been designed for users who are unable to monitor their backlink profile on their own. Monitor Backlinks offers a simple way for you to keep track of your backlink profile. Check good and poor backlinks for your domain and see what your competitors have.
- Help monitor and track backlink profile.
- Recover your lost links.
- Find out competitor's backlink building strategies.
8. SEO PowerSuit
Every SEO needs to know what their backlinks are. With the SEO PowerSuite backlink monitor, you can immediately (and easily) know what your external backlinks are, what they are worth, and how they affect the SEO rank of your web pages. Now you can easily track backlinks you have built over time, and see how they are affecting your SEO performance.
- A Complete List of the backlink profiles of your and your competitor's backlinks.
- Mentions link quality factors.
- Complete backlink reports can be analyzed easily.
9. Moz Link Explorer
Moz Link Explorer is a backlink checker that lets you monitor mentions of your website on the web. It gives you details like the number of mentions, their location, and the anchor text they use. It also lets you export the results for deeper analysis. The interface is simple, yet powerful, allowing you to easily monitor your links and get detailed reports of what is happening.
- Complete comprehensive analysis of the backlinks referring to your domain.
- Gives an accurate link index.
- Complete competitor backlink research.
- Monitor your new and lost links.
10. LinkMiner by Mangools
LinkMiner helps you to monitor your backlinks, it's a software that allows you to count your backlinks, check your anchor text distribution, find new link opportunities, analyze your link profile and find broken links. As a result, it has a lot more data than other similar tools. For instance, this tool displays the number of broken links of a particular website. It also displays the referrals, the most linked websites, the mozRank, the Moz trust, and the Moz Age of the website.
- Create your own custom list of your choice of links.
- Live link position on the website.
- Look for Competitor backlinks.